Each fall, the Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences welcomes more than 3,000 first-term students to our campus. In order to introduce new students to the academic life of the Dietrich School, First-Year Programs offers 蓝月亮精选免费资料大全, a one-credit orientation course.
This important course empowers our new students and enhances their experiences, keeps instructors aware of the changing student body, and engages all of us in the mission of the Dietrich School. Committed instructors play a crucial role in the success of this course.
Students enroll for the course on an S/NC course basis; enrollment is limited to 25 students per section. The class meets one day a week for 50 minutes, for 12 weeks.
Interested in teaching 蓝月亮精选免费资料大全? .
- Initiates students to the academic demands of studying in the liberal arts within a large research University.
- Familiarizes them with the cultural life of the campus and city.
Each instructor teaching 蓝月亮精选免费资料大全 receives:
- An undergraduate teaching assistant (UTA) who has been extensively trained for the position.
- Course materials provided online and on Canvas.
- Orientation to the course and its resources during a mandatory summer workshop.
- Compensation of $1,200 paid in two equal installments in October and November.
For more information or to participate, contact First-Year Programs.
FP Instructor of the Year Award
This award is intended to recognize one 蓝月亮精选免费资料大全 instructor who went above and beyond in their pedagogy and rapport building with students, fellow colleagues and affiliated staff. Self听 nominations are welcome as are nominations from UTAs, students, and fellow FP instructors.
The winner will receive $1,000 (sponsored by the Dietrich Deans office) and be recognized formally the following Fall
- Syllabus reflects all required FP components and supplementary resources
- Has to be a current 2023 instructor
- Cultivated a sense of discussion, support, and inclusion
We鈥檙e looking for an instructor who utilized fun, innovative educational tools to engage students and:
- Cultivated a sense of leadership/support in their UTA
- Engaged with all things FP (Teams, Events, Colleagues etc.)听
- Advised and mentored students beyond the classroom